Monday, April 7, 2008

A Comment

This has been bothering me all weekend and I have to vent my feelings. What better place to vent then on my blog?
Friday night as co-worker was leaving she yelled "Now don't have that baby over the weekend!" with a chuckle. I just looked at her and said "That really isn't funny, if I had the baby, she would not make it"
I know she meant it to be funny, but I took offense to it. That really was not funny at all. She replied "oh I had no idea, I guess that would be really bad".

I t was not funny to me maybe because I have been following a woman's blog who lost her twins at 23 weeks and how devistated she is by all this, or maybe because it really isn't funny at all. There is nothing funny about giving birth early or even losing your baby.

I couldn't stop thinking about this all weekend. What would I do if I lost my baby? I have no idea. I know life would go on, but how would I deal? Probably just like the woman who lost her twins. I know several woman who have had a miscarriage or several miscarriages. Somehow they find the courage to go on and keep trying for the baby they have always longed for.
That saddens me that this woman lost her babies. I read her blog and cry every time. This deep sadness comes over me and I want to reach through the screen and give her a hug.

Here is her blog if you want to read.

http://bustedbabymaker.blogspot.com/

I don't know. I just had to post this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before becomeing pregnant I would hear stories of pregnancy and infant loss and it was sad. Very sad.

But it wasn't until I found out I was going to have a baby that these stories became real and truly broke my heart- and scared me.

I had a challenging time not worrying throughout the pregnancy- especially after a friend lost her 2nd baby (at 25 weeks- the first loss was at 41.5 weeks- he lived for 2 days).

The ony thing that brought peace was prayer. I prayed (and still do) throughout much of my day. And knowing the power of my words, when worry took over, I would repeat "Lily is a happy and healthy baby".

In one of my posts before Lily was born I mentioned how scary motherhood is because there is such a feeling of a loss of control- you can do everything right and still have a tragic loss- and this is why I just had to trust my little girl to God's hands. My worry got me nowhere other than nights of no sleep and moments of intense fear.

Every night I pray for my little girl and I thank him for giving me the most precious gift he could have- and I pray for her safety and health and happiness. I cannot protect her from everything- but God is capable of everything and in my heart I know he gave her to me for a reason and I trust him completely with her life.

I guess I'm just saying- I understand where you are at with this. Some people just don't get it ye- maybe because they are not mothers yet...or because they just weren't thinking when they spoke...

But the only thing that has helped me through pregnancy and motherhood is my trust in God. You and Adam and baby girl Boldt are in my thoughts and prayers often. This is such an exciting time!