Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cereal!

On 1/8 Emily got her first taste of solids. We tried single grain rice mixed with breast milk. She didn't know what it was and frankly, didn't care! She didn't take to it well and kinda hates it. We give it to her for breakfast and then for dinner. She just spits it back out of her mouth. We only give her a tablespoon at a time, and she barely finishes that.
I really thought she was going to like it, because she LOVES to eat. I even tasted it. Not too bad. It is sweet from the breast milk. Maybe once she learns how to "chew" it and swallow, it will get
better. I am trying not to get discouraged over it or think something is wrong with her, because I know it is normal. I just hope she isn't like this with veggies too. I am all about veggies and I want her to be too.


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lily hated cereal too..we really didn't start solids regularly until she was nearly 8 months...because she just wouldn't eat them

She eats pretty good now, picky some days and not-so-picky others...but I think that is pretty normal for a toddler :)