Saturday, February 2, 2008

Week 12 Update

I can't believe it has been 12 weeks already!  Today I am 12 weeks and 5 days.  The baby is the size of a Plum.  
The way that the doctors measure this is by the first day of your last period.  Seeing how I am regular and have a 29 day cycle I am right on target! (The Dr. agrees).  My Expected Delivery Date is August 12th.  My nephew Benjamin was born on August 11th!

We went to the Doctor's on wednesday for a belly check.  I didn't meet with my regular doctor because she was not there that day (boo!) but the Doctor I had check me out was great.  I really like my doctors office.  

We got to hear the heartbeat on a machine called a Doppler.  He basically puts this very sensitive microphone up to my belly and chases the little baby around trying to find it's heartbeat!  I was reassured that everything was fine. Adam said it sounded like a bad radio station and wasn't sure what he should have been listening for!  He is excited about the baby, I think when he sees the ultrasound it will be more real to him.

I am still having morning sickness, but it is now coming in waves and not everyday which is good.  Hopefully soon it will be gone for good!  The prenatal vitamins and the DHA-Omega 3 supplement I take don't help either so I have been taking it before I go to bed.
I have grown out of my regular pants (so sad) back at 9 weeks and am in full maternity pants. I can still wear *some* of my shirts, some are too small now or feel uncomfortable because they don't sit right!  Old Navy had a big sale after Christmas and I got tons of stuff for when I am more pregnant.  Maternity pants are so comfy, I don't think I will want to go back to zippers and buttons!
My mom also had a field day at Kohls and got me even more stuff!  Thanks Mom!

3 comments:

83princess said...

Got to love your mom! LOL I bet she is so excited!
August 12th is AWESOME!
Beth's bday is the 13th

*Angela* said...

I think you should post your belly pics in your blog. They are cute! Who cares what people on the knot think, I love belly pics. (Don't tell anyone)
~Can't_Wait!

Anonymous said...

LOL- I know what you mean about the comfort of maternity clothes- I had a hard time going back to my 'normal' clothes because zippers and buttons are so much work. yes, I can be very lazy! Congrats again! Lily was due in Aug too, but of course she was comfy and decided to become a sept baby.