Monday, May 12, 2008

Hello 3rd Trimester!

Wow. Today marks the beginning of my 27th week which also marks the first day of my 3rd trimester.
The first trimester went by fast, mostly because once I found out I was pregnant, I was already 5 weeks along! The second went by pretty slow (14-26 weeks). I am sure this trimester will go by fast just because we have a very busy spring summer with weddings, my baby showers, birthdays etc. August will be here before we know it!
My "first" Mother's day was very nice. My wonderful husband got me a cute card expressing how excited he is to be having our first baby. I got a rose at the restaurant we went to and at church people were wishing me a happy mothers day! It is good to know people see that I am pregnant and not just "getting a little bigger in the front"
I also fear that people think I am some knocked up teenager because I look so young. When I go to the mall, people look at me like I have three heads. I have started to dress up a little more and throw on some makeup when I go out and that usually keeps the weird stares to a minimum. I also try to flash my sparkly wedding ring whenever I get the chance!
I hope all the moms out there had a wonderful mother's day yesterday!

3 comments:

83princess said...

You know...i have a card for you I was going to send for Mother's day and it totally slipped by me.
I am so sorry!
But glad you had a good day.
:-)
Yeah...flash that beautiful ring around whenever you can!

* said...

hope all is well - the countdown is really on now :D

Anonymous said...

Less than 2 months to go! How exciting!!! I cannot wait to see pics of your little girl! How's everything going? Did you have a baby shower yet? Enjoy these last 2 (rather uncomfortable) months of pregnancy with Adam and go on plenty of date nights and pamper yourself- you deserve it! (and its so much harder to do once your precious little one is here- LOL!) You guys are in my thoughts and prayers often!